Saturday, May 21, 2011

When in Rome hang out with the Palestinians

Well a lot has happened since the last post. Unfortunately i dont have a lot of time to post so trying to recap. Ive seen a lot of historical things in Rome,such as the Colliseum, the Cathedral. the same square from the movie angels and demons. I went to the Couch Surfing meeting on Tuesday night in Rome, and was able to find a host Piettra.I met Saad and Amrite and Tom from Poland and Moriah from Chicago, meeting then changed my whole trip to Rome.Pietrra was great, and walked me to a few spots in the city.My plan was to go see a few historical sites then play basketball with Saad and Amrite. Problem was i didnt know what park, as i was done at the Colliseum i was walking to a bus(in the wrong direction)i saw Tom and Moriah. Moriah pointed me in the right direction and Tom walked with me. Moriah got a text from Saad saying which park. In Rome the buses cost money,i found out no one pays for a bus, so i did not pay at all. So that was great not paying money for that, the subway i rode for free the first two days, until we got busted at the station. Not to big of a deal, except then Saad had a huge argument with the guy.

I was hosted by two great guys in Rome, they helped me out more then anyone can imagine. Took me around the city, took me to pizza, took me to the beach. The beach was a great experience, went with my friends from the CS meeting. We went with a girl from Chicago named Moriah. Went to the beach, we ended up playing american football with 3 italians, having to explain the rules was a great time. Easy to say that i won, i could make the rules up as i went, they had no idea haha. My favorite part of Italy, had to be the FREE water everywhere. I had my canteen with me, filled up every time i saw one. I was gonna stay in a hotel one night and i guess you have to be back at a certain time and was locked out. Luckily amrite stepped up and i stayed at his old apt by myself.

While walking downtown Rome i met the Rudest 6 cofc girls ever. First while walking they pointed and said look an American, then the first question was hey can yall get us Weed. Typical CofC student,ha the guys im with said they didnt have it but couldnt get it for them. They bought food the next night and supplied the girls with what they want. I went out to eat with some people that i met the night before, thats a blog in itself. I went to eat with 3 spanish people that spoke very little english. That night was great but i got stuck till 5am at the station because certain trains don't run that late at night. Back to the CofC girls, they went to Saad and Amrite place, where Amrite paid. Enjoyed dinner and got thier weed, then gave fake fbook names because they thought they were to cool for everyone else. I didn't hang out with them that much, but from the time i saw them they WERE nothing to write home about, maybe a 5 at best. They thought they were to good and gave Saad and Amrite fake names on fbook. Id like to let them know that they are not that cool,a picture is posted of the girl on my facebook (if you go or went to CofC check that out). My last night in Rome we had a big dinner, Many different nationalities represented at the table from the Nigeria to the US. The dinner was the best, spaghetti in some kinda tomato chunks was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment