Monday, May 16, 2011

Whats the difference between schneitzel and scheckels

The night before my trip to Jerusalem, yes my family all has gone been paid top dollars for an armed security guard. This guy was going with himself and no map of anywhere. I learned Jerusalem is a bit of a tourist trap at least the part i was in. Walking the streets of the old city, vendors on each side and everyone looking to help out for some money. I will say a few locals offered help and i almost shut them off because i was thinking they were out for money, and some were just being considerate. Ive posted pictures of my journey, but unless your there its hard to really describe the pictures. The church of Seplcher is a place all Christians need to be. The Tomb that Jesus was buried,(the line is very long but i bypassed it by accident, i helped a guy pick up a wheelchair up steps and then followed them in. When i came out i saw the line wrapped all the way around the Tomb. Then you can go to Golgtha or the Rock of Calvary the spot where the cross was placed and also the Stone of Unction where Jesus body was laid out after he was taken down off the cross. I took the train to Jerusalem and then taxis to the Old city. Israels are the worst drivers ever, they dont care about turn signals, or pedestians in the street, they will just keep going. As for the taxi drivers they all want to get you in the car without turning the meter on so they can charge you whathever they want. I guess they see an American and assume they are going to get over on him.

Also before i go i must give shout out to Chuck and Sam for not only letting me stay in there house this year but for watching out for me this week. Sam may give me a hard time but ill let her slide. Its now 1 05 in the morning here and im in the process of packing. My taxi picks me up at 2 30, then off to Rome. When i arrive in Rome i do not know where im staying, which i think is pretty cool. Im armed with rain proof gear just in case the situation calls that i need to sleep outside. I do not know when the next time i will blog is, im going to try to keep writing notes so i dont forget anything that happens

Schneitzel is chicken and schuckles is the money. Tonight at dinner the waiter gave us on the house some Plum wine. I must say it wasnt bad. Hopefully in each city i visit i will try a different drink and report back on that. The schneitzel is breaded chicked fried,with chips and chips here means fries and i refuse to admit that.The picture of the bottle with the rest of my photos is on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=518508693192&set=a.518494317002.2014574.93100042&type=1&theater
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment