Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Travel Day..zzzzzzz

I had to be at the airport at 3am for my flight at 4 50. Luckily i waited till the last minute and was up packing because the alarm on Sams phone never went off,the alarm she set ha. I got a ride from the taxi to the airport only to find the airport was packed, i was shocked. The Tel aviv airport must be the safest in the world. They scan you and your bags at 3different times in the trip. I guess they think after your scanned the first time that someone at a restaurant will slip you something and then scan you again before the boarding area, on some flight you get scanned before you get on plane and are placed in a special waiting area. The flight itself was great, noone was in a middle row so i got to stretch across 4 seats and was out cold the entire time.I was supposed to fly into Dusseldorf Germany and have a 2 hr layover and off to Rome. Of course thats not how it worked.

When i got to Dusseldorf, im sure im spelling it wrong but i just dont care enough to get my ticket out and check. I realize that i now have an 8hr layover. I surveyed the situation and went to where i do my best thinking the bathroom. There was a lobby in bathroom and then a door you enter to actually go to the bathroom. When i was finished a man was in lobby in shocked that he had left his bag there in lobby and it was now gone. This then became a very awkward situation as i think he told me in 3 different languages that i cant believe this would happen right here. It was as if he was telling me/accusing me. So i hot to the streets to find a Hotel. Luckily there is a huge maritim here. I walked in and went straight to the business center to kill time. Then headed for the workout room. Took me two different elevators and 6 doors only to need a card swipe that i didnt have. I could have waited for someone to either enter or leave but i saw a Sheraton across the street. I headed there, walked in and straight to the workout room that did not have any key access needed. After that off to the bathroom to freshen up and change my clothes. I am disappointed i couldnt get into the Maritime, it had a pool, a Sauna and a great workout room. Im now headed back to the airport to catch my 4oclock flight. Then i will need to decided where to stay tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment