Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Landed

I landed in Tel Aviv today and was greeted by the twins running up to me in the airport. After a 12hr plus trip, in was 5 pm here Which meant that it was 10am back in the states. The flight last night was exhausting. I watched True Grit actually not that bad. Knight and Day with Diaz and Cruise, also an enjoyable movie and finally Due date which had some parts i was laughing so loud im sure the people around me were wondering what was wrong with me. The biggest thing is it helped past the time. I Didnt do much tonight in Tel Aviv, played with the nephew and niece. Had dinner, steak, potatoes, hummus, shrimp and chicken it was actually pretty good. After the kids went to bed me and my cousin Sam went for a walk. As we walked people would recognize her and say we love Chuck, hes our favorite. Which is cool to see that the town embraces his family in the way that they do.While walking we stopped at some different shops in the local stores.Tested different candies and got some Gatorade, They were different but the one i had was great. We walked down the the medetterian sea, the view was amazing, i look forward to ging back. After we got back to the apartment we decided to drive around Tel Aviv, this is where it got exicting. We drove around to see the herds of prostitutes. I swear to you it looked like a meat market. Maybe 20 women standing around in a big open field as men drove looking for a women that they wanted. They dont go anywhere, they get in the car and do the service right there and then the women is back in the lot working, Really a sight ive never seen before. The strangest part of it all is that its right in the middle of the town. You dont have to go far to see it. When we left there we went one block and saw restaurants and shops. Well the jet lag is killing me right now so im gonna go off to bed.
Hopefully ill post in the next few days or so.

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment