Thursday, January 29, 2009

Not So Silent "Knight"

When we began searching for a guest blogger, we thought there would be no better way to go about it than to keep it within the team. J.T. Knight, a senior from Pensacola Florida, is without a doubt the leader of this team. He has provided laughs, motivation, and a passion for this team that we (the team) cannot put into words. So without further due, we here at Redshirt Year and Beyond present the first ever guest blog.
Enjoy.

As happy as I am to be a guest on my main men Sweeney and Glenn’s blog, I can’t say our season has been such a walk in the park. After getting off to an o.k. start we suddenly began going downhill. Even through our turmoil, there still has been many things that we all laugh and joke about. Maybe its Sweeney’s windmill dunk that he can never seem to complete, or Giedrus’s vulgar language in Lithuanian that no one can understand.


On a personal note, I have been haunted with the challenge of hitting a three pointer in a game. Actually, this is a streak that has been going on for about two years now. My jumper use to be wet like a bottle of Aquafina water in high school, but I think when they moved the three point line back it hurt me just a “tad”. (Yea right it hurt me more than it hurt to watch Warren Sapp on Dancing with the Stars) I mean I haven’t given up hope yet; I actually stepped out on faith in a game against Liberty and attempted one. It didn’t go so well. The release felt good, I didn’t rush it, but some how it landed in the security guard’s lap. (No comment) In practice though, I have a tendency to feel LUCKY and I’ll make a few, but there is always that one that travels off my finger tips and lands directly in my other teammates hands and off on the fast break they go. So since I have a handicap of shooting the three pointer, I just decided to become a very good passer.(I gotta be able to do something) So to help my teammates, I have became the league leader in assists of passed water bottles to a teammate, and I always manage to hit them right on the spot. I figured since I wasn’t playing, I had to help my team in any way possible. I mean, it’s nothing compared to the speed in which Sweeney and Glenn hustle the stools out on every timeout, but I’m trying. After playing two minutes, you have to occupy the other 38 minutes and since I can’t bring my cell phone on the bench, I decided to drop dimes with the water bottles.


In all honesty, I actually have had my opportunity to display my talents on the court, ( in practice that is, don’t be confused) but there have been spurts where I was so deep on the bench that I felt like I was still in the locker room. But through all the rain there has been sunshine. Yes viewers, there is a bright side to my bench warming. We had Morris College come to town……………..hip hip hooooorrrrayyy!!!!!!!! That was a great night. Get the sparkling wine out Dickey V this one is going to be sensational baby. Morris College taking on Charleston Southern was not even close to a night to remember. But for me, let freedom ring. I have been released from those mighty strong shackles of the bench and even though it was in moderate duration. I sprinted to the scorer’s table and impatiently waited for somebody, anybody to make a mistake so I could taste the sweet joy of the real game even though it was only for a whopping 1 minute and 38 seconds. Thanks for having me Glenn and Sweeney. Yes Ladies and Gentleman, its true, Sweeney is kicking butt in H-O-R-S-E. I know it’s hard to believe, but hey, the Cardinals are in the Super Bowl right?

Yours Truly,

J.T. Knight

3 comments:

  1. This is a pretty legit blog. i like the guest just as funny. haha

    #2 Fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this one..it was really funny and so true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol J.T. you're so funny.. keep your head up and your assists up!

    ReplyDelete