Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's been a W-hile

It has been a few days since our last post, but like we said we don’t know how often we will be posting. Believe it or not, we do try to have a life outside of school, basketball and the blog . After the Gardner Webb game ended they had more points than we did as the clock hit 00:00, we just ran out of time. I think this is rock bottom for our team; that loss pushed our losing streak to ten games. I feel as if anyone reading this whether an athlete or not can relate, when nothing in your life goes the way you hope, no matter how hard you try to make it work. Now for the good news, no matter how the rest of the season goes it will not be cancelled. The New Jersey Institute of technology picked up a win the other night to snap there 51 game losing streak(that was almost two full seasons without a Win, they did not have any games cancelled). Congrats to them, hopefully we will not come anywhere close to their Division 1 record of losses in a row. We are hoping to turn the ship around tonight against Morris College at 7:30 hopefully the gymnasium will be full to capacity with students dressed in blue.





Now to recap on my quest to beat every player on the team in a game of H-O-R-S-E. Glenn’s comment was “Sean Sweeney will never defeat all the scholarship players on the team in horse due to the fact he has to go through “the” Glenn Self.” Glenn and I started playing a game and were going back and forth making absurd shots. Then, out of nowhere, Coach Richey snagged the basketball we were using. (Yes that’s the life of a redshirt) He wanted to get Omar Carter on the shooting machine. Some of you may ask were there any other Basketballs? Yes there was. But that would have required Coach Richey to walk up to his desk to get his keys, and then go to the ball room (it was just easier for him to take the ball from us). Anyway, later that day after practice, we started our game over. If the media had been present, this game of horse would have been on ESPN classic immediately. It was an epic battle between two experienced players. Glenn got out to a commanding HORS to HO lead. This is when I used my experience being 21 years old and took over (hint for all kids at home, when you’re losing you just need to make shots to keep the pressure on). I went back to my clutch shots that I knew I could make. I then had it tied up at HORS to HORS. I went to my patented bank shot from a ridoncoulous angle which I made. This put all the pressure on Glenn to make his shot. He eyed it up and fired, it was a miss, and I took off running around the gym doing my airplane celebration. Hopefully I will have more post updating you on my many wins to come in H-O-R-S-E. Glenn will be updating tomorrow hopefully celebrating our win streak of 1 game.

Sweeney

5 comments:

  1. Goodluck tonight! You'll be alot of help sitting on the bench cheering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the game went well tonight!! I am sure your dad was excited to finally see a game. I miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. good work sean, ur blogs are a lot funnier than glenn's...which is probably why you came up with the title "Self-Made" and told him to use it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got to beat Glen...and congrats on the win..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading yalls blog.. Keep posting i can't wait to read the next one!

    ReplyDelete