Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm really on the Team I promise

To recap we have had two games since our last blog. In the first we got a Conference win on the road against Coastal Carolina. I would love to say that I was able to watch a great game, but then I remembered I don’t travel, so I don’t know how the game went(Except when Glenn texted me to say that we got W). Coastal is not a far drive and I was hoping to make it, but I listened to the guys on the team who said it was on Fox Sports South (big mistake listening to them, I knew this and I did it anyway). One of those teammates was Glenn, who even mentioned the game being on fox south in the last blog. So at 9 I turned the T.V. on and sure enough it wasn’t on. The game was actually on the middle Atlantic network which I have never even heard of. So that prevented me from enjoying the win from a distance with the team. The second game was at home, we engaged in a battle with High Point University. We were winning the game late and to say it lightly we let the game slip through our hands like Bill Buckner (for all of you who don’t know who Buckner is follow the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMbJ6UhK7pE). Then after the heartbreaking loss we had to walk through the line shaking hands. This is a demoralizing feeling as you have to look at the guys on the other team knowing you should have beat them. This is also a terrible thing because I wear at tie and don’t sweat at all. But when you shake hands you are forced to get your hand all sweaty .This loss pushed our record to 0-5 in the Conference at home. For all 10 faithful fans of the blog that are realizing that I haven’t seen a conference win. This is correct because both of our wins were on the road in confrence play. Yes this is an awfully frustrating ordeal; I would love to taste the success of victory in the locker room with my teammates. This is a truly unique experience that I can’t describe men jumping around celebrating, high fiving, hugging, yelling and showering in a non homo way of course. I do have complete faith that this day will come sometime this year. FOUR HOME games left I’ll be sure to keep everyone updated on our progress.

Next I wanted to clear up for all of my loyal fans that I’m a walk on NOT a manager. I can see how some people would get confused during media timeouts (the point in the game where the players sit on the stools while there is a break in the action for T.V. or radio, mostly radio for games at CSU). This brings me to my second point of that I hate media timeouts, all 8 of them. For everyone who doesn’t know what they are after the 16, 12, 8, 4 minute mark in the first and second half there is a media timeout. This is where there is a stoppage in play and the managers bring out stools. But the managers sometimes quit or are sometime M I A (they forget to do laundry, late to practice, but if there is free food they are all there nice and early) this puts myself into action carrying stools. A reasonable person would say but isn’t there 3or 4 guys that can’t play who can take turns with the stools. Yes that would be the reasonable response but those 3or 4 guys who can’t play, all feel as if there to important to carry a stool. Kenny will tell you that “Ken is too good to carry a stool”(Yes Kenny will talk in 3rd person very often)….Billy feels since that he has already played but know has a broken hand that he doesn’t need to carry a stool….Glenn feels that he is on scholarship and sits on the bench in warm up’s so that entitles him not to carry a stool. That leaves Tracy and me, the other walk-on on the bench. This is where I actually practice and he doesn’t (because of ncaa clearing house issues) so I feel like I can pull a little rank on him. But a lot of times there is only 1 manager, that leaves Tracy and I both carrying stools. So I swallow my pride and carry the stool because if that’s what it takes for me to help the team, then I guess that’s my role. Basically I am just happy to have a seat on the bench of a Division 1 game.

Finally after all of the hate mail and death threats I would like to formally apologize in my role of dropping the ball in the game of Pass the Rock. I would also like to point out that later that night after the drop, I redeemed myself passed the ball down the bench like Steve Nash dropping dimes (Glenn failed to mention this in his blog). Also I don’t know if the fans really realize how rare it is for the ball to actually roll over to the bench. Sometimes we will go through a 4 game drought without ever sniffing the ball. This past game at home against High Point not only did the ball come to us once but twice. The first time the ball came I snagged the ball and we passed it back and forth down the bench and it was a game of pass the rock for the ages. The 2nd time the ball bounced right in to my lap. I passed the ball to Glenn who passed it to Billy who fumbled it and as I watched in slow motion the ball fall to the ground (I knew the pain of dropping the ball) and hit his size 16 shoe. It then rolled right to the referee, GAME OVER... Then faithful fans of the blog (all 2 of them) in the crowd even started booing. This then gave me the idea to play a joke on Billy. I will provide a direct link to his facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1104690022&ref=ts ALSO DONT TELL HIM THAT THIS IS ON HERE) and everyone can send him a message to let him know that he disappointed all bench warmers and fans of Pass the Rock across the country. In the next blog I will talk about the day in the Life of a CSU basketball player and I have G-R-E-A-T news to inform everyone of. (No it’s not that I will be writing my last blog, it’s even better then that). Lastly there is another guess blog scheduled to be up sometime soon, so keep checking back to see if it's up.

Sweeney
P.S. Just to update my horse game, i havent played anyone new yet. The game will still be called H-O-R-S-E we will not sell out as the NBA has in changing HORSE to GEICO probably because GEICO gave them a fat check.NOT COOL AT ALL NBA

No comments:

Post a Comment